We're looking for a passionate senior project manager keen to join one of the most ambitious and innovative shipyards in yachting.
When the best engineering minds come together to design a yacht, you can guarantee its going to be groundbreaking! A consortium of hugely talented individuals have been working on this exciting project for a number of years and are imminently commencing the first build of their near zero-emission yachts, set to introduce a new standard in green yachting in a time where the industry is under heavy scrutiny.
Based in Italy, the yard will soon become a hub of activity as the first build commences, with the management team hard at work assembling a talented build team that will oversee construction of Hull 1. With the executive team now in place, they seek to develop the yard team, with the hiring of a Senior Project Manager to lead the build from a shipyard perspective.
In close collaboration with colleagues, this crucial role will focus around:
- Working with internal and external design and engineering partners to put together a project plan
- Recruit and select a host of trades and subcontractors to complete various aspects of the build
- Act as a conduit between design office and shop floor, offering feedback to all stakeholders on project progress as well as advising on any issues that may arise
- Work with the commercial team and ultimately the client to ensure the build stages are expertly managed and that regular progress updates are provided
- Ensure a close eye on quality throughout the build
As an individual you will have gained a number of years experience in the world of yacht new build, ideally with either full custom or semi custom yachts. You'll be confident to work with individuals at all level and be able to enter each scenario from a place of knowledge and understanding. An excellent man-manager you will be able to lead and control internal and external manpower whilst also showing a clear understanding of commercial and operational requirements. Italian language skills are a must
On offer is a chance to join what, once formally released, will be an incredibly exciting project that could well change the future of yachting. You will be paid an excellent employment package with excellent long term career potential.
Please Apply or contact Ed for more information
N.B. This role will be permanently based in Italy and as such all applicants will require the right to live and work in Europe